danish cinnamon rolls (kanelsnegle) Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 50 g. butter (melted and cooled)
- 300 ml. warm milk
- 25 g. fresh yeast
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 sachet custard powder (kagecreme)
- 500 g. plain flour
- 150 g. brown sugar
- 100 g. soft butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make danish cinnamon rolls (kanelsnegle)
this is a danish version of aberwegers cinnamon rolls
- a tribute to a truly delicious treat!
Make the dough and let it set for 30 min.:
- warm milk and mix with yeast (careful with the temperature)
- add egg and melted butter
- add sugar and salt
- mix with flour and custard powder
- give it a good 5 min. mix
- Roll out a big rectangular shape - you might need to use a little more flour for this.
- Spread the filling and roll it up, nice and easy.
- Cut out 2 cm pieces and put on baking sheet. Let them rest (and rise) while you wait for the oven to reach 200 degrees c - or 30 min.
- Brush them with a whisked egg before you bake them 10-15 minutes until golden.
- Use regular frosting (icing sugar and water, thick) to create a swirl on top as they are cooling off.