Heaven is made of Lemons Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 2 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (if your butter has been in the refrigerator, cut into cubes, that will help the butter soften faster)
- 1 1/2 cups White Sugar
- 1 Egg (room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract (I used lemon juice...so it wasn't as fragrant as the lemon extract would be)
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel
- 2 tablespoon lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Heaven is made of Lemons
- Preheat oven to 175C. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and very fluffy.
- Beat in egg, vanilla extract, lemon extract/juice and lemon peel.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls. Place on lined cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. Mix together the 2 tbsp of lemon peel and sugar and press a tiny bit of the mixture onto the top of each cookie.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the oven or until lightly browned.
- Let stand on cookie sheet a few minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.