Spiced Steel Cut Oats Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1/2 C steel cut oats
- 2 C milk/water (ratio to your liking), plus 1/4 C if you’re using dried fruit
- 1/3 cup flaked or shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup dried figs, chopped
- splash of vanilla essence
- 1/4-1/2 tsp each of ground cinnamon and cardamom (to taste)
- 1 T brown sugar/honey/maple syrup/some sweetener (or to taste)
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Spiced Steel Cut Oats
- Put everything except the sugar into a pot
- Heat over medium to low heat for about 30 minutes or until it reaches the desired consistency
- Stir in sweetener to taste
- Pretty much everything is to taste. I’m probably going to kick the spices up a notch myself.
- I used a 3:1 milk to water ratio for the creaminess. If you like living dangerously, use half and half or stir some cream in at the end.