Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 340g good quality chocolate, semisweet
- 40ml whole milk
- 200ml whipping cream
- 40g unsalted butter extra
- 6 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 30g sugar
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Chocolate Mousse
- Cut the chocolate into pieces. Place chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- Heat the milk and cream in a saucepan just until boiling. Remove from heat and keep you.
- Cut the butter into small pieces.
- Separate the eggs. Beat the egg whites very stiff with salt and sugar. In the last seconds before turning off the mixer, add the egg yolks.
- Add the milk and cream mixture to chocolate. Mix well until the chocolate melts. I recommend using a foué to stir the mixture until the temperature about 40 degrees, slightly warmer than its lip. Add butter and continue mixing until melted.
- Add a little of the chocolate mixture to eggs. Mix gently with a spatula silicon. Then add the egg mixture once the chocolate mixture, incorporating everything with gentle movements that do not lose the clear air. Mix just until uniform with a mousse.
- Transfer mixture to bowl in which you want to serve. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- It is recommended that one should serve the mousse within 24 hours because of the eggs. I think it will have no problem, because there will be nothing left!