Super Vegetable Soup Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- 48 oz. veggie broth (low salt preferred)
- 1 small squash cut into chunks (whatever is in season)
- 1/2 cup cut celery
- 1/2 cup cut carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped leek (just the bottom half)
- 3 brown mushrooms thickly sliced
- 3 red potatoes cut into big chunks
- 3 very ripe tomatoes cut into big chunks
- small handful whole wheat pasta (any small kind)
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 pinches of thyme
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Super Vegetable Soup
Sweat onions and garlic with olive oil over medium heat, about 7 minutes. Throw in a couple pinches of salt. Throw in potatoes and thyme, toss it all up and let it cook another 5 minutes. Add veggie broth and turn heat to high until boiling.
Toss in everything else. A few more pinches of salt and pepper. Give it a good stir. Turn down heat to a low simmer and cover. Let it cook this way for 40 minutes.
Serve with bread.