Chicken Korma Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 4 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 5-6 garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 cm cinnamon stick
- 8 cardamom pods, crushed in a pestle and mortar
- 4 cloves
- ¼ tsp black cumin seeds (or regular cumin seeds)
- 130g/4½oz onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 3 tinned plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1.5 kg/3lb 5oz chicken pieces, skinned and cut into serving portions
- ¼ - 1 tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp single cream
- 250ml/8 ¾fl oz water
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Chicken Korma
- Put the ginger, garlic and 3 tbsp water in the container of an electric blender. Blend until you have a smooth paste.
- Put the oil in a wide frying pan or saute pan and set over high heat.
- When very hot, put in the bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom pods, cloves and cumin seeds. Stir once or twice and put in the onions.
- Stir and fry for about three minutes or until the onions turn brownish.
- Put in the paste from the blender, and the ground coriander and ground cumin and fry for a minute.
- Put in the chopped tomatoes and fry for another minute.
- Add in the chicken, chilli powder, salt and 250ml/8 ¾fl oz water.
- Bring to a boil. Cover, turn the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes, turning the chicken pieces over now and then.
- Remove the cover, add the cream and cook on high heat for another 7-8 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Stir gently as you do this.