Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1/4 cup lard or vegetable shortening
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Tortillas
A local restaraunt serves fish tacos on these amazing tortillas that have a subtle, delicious roasted corn flavor. I couldn't talk them into giving me the recipe but I was able to recreate it at home through a little trial and error.
- Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
- Add oil and mix with your hands.
- Add water in increments and knead until dough no longer sticks to bowl.
- Flour your working surface and form dough into balls slightly larger than ping-pong ballls.
- Flatten dough balls with your hand and roll out with a rolling pin until they are about 18 cm in diameter.
- Using a paper towel, lightly grease a hot non-stick skillet and cook flattened tortilla. You will have to check the underside of tortilla to see if brown spots have formed. If the underside has brown spots, the tortilla is ready to be turned. Cook until both sides have light brown spots.