How to crack a coconut Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
Ingredients1 young coconut with husk
A Fork or spoon
A small knife (optional)
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make How to crack a coconut
- With one hand firmly holding the coconut, hit it with using the back of the cleaver. Very important to make sure noone is behind or beside you.
- Turn the coconut around and continue to hit on it until you see a crack-line around the coconut.
- An 'old' coconut will have thick and hard pulp. Don't force it open with your hands. You will end up having coconut juice splashing all over.
- Use a fork or spoon to poke in-between the crack-line into the coconut.
- Twist a little to force open the coconut.
- You can now drain out the coconut juice from the opening.
- Open up the 'top' of the empty coconut to scrape out the pulp.
- If you have problem opening up the coconut, use a knife to cut the pulp first.
- You will be able to open up the coconut easily now.
Please visit http://wokkingmum.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-to-crack-open-coconut.html for the video