Tagliatelle of Mushroom Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 2 large cups of mushrooms, chopped / sliced to roughly the same size (I used Eringi, Shimeji and Maitake)
- Tagliatelle for 2
- Small bunch of flat leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and whole
- 2 knobs of butter
- Salt & Pepper
Recipes for your iPhone
Find delicious recipes on what ingrediants you already have! Download iPhone app now!
How to make Tagliatelle of Mushroom
Recently I've become interested in cooking really simple food - the kind of food where you can identify every ingredient just by glancing at the dish for a second. I like the idea of a delicious dish that just celebrates the natural flavour of its few, core ingredients. In this case, mushrooms.
Makes 2 portions.
- Drizzle a little olive in a pan and bring to a high heat. Pour in the mushrooms - they should sizzle instantly (if they don't, you are just boiling them and the flavour won't be as good). Throw in the garlic cloves and one knob of butter. Toss and season with salt and pepper. You want to get some colour on the mushrooms.
- Boil the tagliatelle in some salted water until al dente. Drain.
- Remove and discard the garlic cloves from the mushrooms. Add the pasta to the pan and mix well. Throw in the other knob of butter and toss to get a nice shine on the tagliatelle.
- Sprinkle over the parsley, season and serve.
For a richer taste, grate some parmesan over the tagliatelle before serving.